verse of the day

Monday 30 January 2023

Perseverance.( 1 Peter 4 v 12 - 19

Just another thought on David Livingstone,on ,'New Year's Day,1871', he wrote a prayer in his journal,'O Father,help me to finish this work to Thy honour'. It was said  of him that he had a perseverance bordering on mania,I don't know if I would agree on the mania bit,but he was a man who refused to give up in spite of many difficulties.I am not comparing myself to David Livingstone,but on looking back on my life in relation to Christian service,and reaching that goal of becoming a minister,it took perseverance. We can broaden this task of perseverance to include our Christian life,one the five points of Calvinism ,is the 'perseverance of the saints'.  In John 6 v 66 we read,' many of His disciples withdrew,and were not walking with Him anymore.' because they did not understand what Jesus taught,they stopped following Him.I am totally against the so called prosperity gospel,it cuts across the whole idea of persevering,it rules out the fact that we are told that in the world we shall have tribulation,that we are to  take up our cross and follow Jesus

                                                    'Let us by God's grace follow Jesus. 

                                                     come what may'


No comments: