verse of the day

Monday 23 January 2023

We are fragile. ( Isaiah 40 v 28 - 31 )

 'You could have knocked me down with a feather',so the saying goes,yes sometimes it does not take much to knock us down. The strongest person can go down with a cold or whatever, A big giant got knocked down by a young lad, and mighty army got defeated by a few hundred,another person lost his sight ,when he got his hair cut.One day a great king stood boasting about his power ,the next moment,he has lost his senses,and he ended up in a  field eating grass.Paul was a great man of God and accomplished so much,what was this secret? .The answer is found in the words of Philippians  4 v13,'I can do all things through him who gives me strength'.It is through Him we conqueror,it is by Him we are kept safe,we fragile human beings need look to look to Him ,call upon Him continually.Recently I was staying at my sons,that morning as my daughter-in-law was about to leave for work,I prayed with her,she then left and went to work. Later she sent me a text thanking me for praying for her,she said that she she had so much to do at work ,and she didn't think she would be able to get through it all, but things went much better than she hoped,the burden had lifted' 

                                                      'He gives strength to the weary,

                                                      and increases the power of the weak.'

                                                                    Isaiah 40 v 29.

                                                       

No comments: