verse of the day

Friday 27 January 2023

Faithfulness (Luke 19 v 17 )

My son Brian has just returned from a preaching engagement in Texas,it was a large church,had an attendance of about 2000 people.I rejoice that my son is being used by God ,he is the international director of a prayer movement called 24/7.Unlike him I ministered to small congregations occasionally to larger groups.We read in Luke19 v11 ff  how our Lord told a story of  a nobleman who intrusted a number of his servants with different amounts of money,He had to leave them and go to a distant land to be crowned King and then he would return.He told his servants to invest the money,when he returned, the first servant told him that he invested the money and made ten times the original amount. His master replied,'Well done..you are a good servant.You have been faithful with the little I entrusted to you'',and he rewarded him..It is not how big or how small a ministry our Lord entrusts to us, it is faithfulness that matters.The words of a Christian song comes to mind,'If just a cup of water  I place within your hand, then just a cup of water,is all that I demand'.Remember be faithful  in whatever ministry God has entrusted to you,no matter how small it may be,and if you do that ,you will hear your masters well done,and you will receive a reward.

No comments: