verse of the day

Wednesday 4 January 2023

Help. ( Psalm 121)

' 'What is the bravest thing you've  ever said?'' asked the boy.'' Help '', said the horse.' (from a book by Charlie Mackesy)It was the Beatles who sang a song called 'Help',here is part of it.

                                    '  I was younger so much younger than today                     

                                       I never needed anybody's help in any way

                                       But now those days are gone,I'm not so self assured ,

                                       Now I find I've changed my mind,

                                       And opened up the door.'

We all have heard someone saying,'' I don't need your help', you may have said that,I have a good friend ,her husband is old and frail,she has two helpers come in ,one in the morning, one in the evening.The one in the morning comes into shower him,and get him ready,they pay for this help.But here's the thing before the helper comes my friend gets her husband up,showers him,and gets him ready herself. My friend often complains how tired she feels,I wonder why?,so don't be afraid if you need help, ask, be brave,ask.There is someone whom I go to all the time for help,his name is Jesus,he can be depended on to help ,with the biggest and the smallest problems,get into the good habit of calling on Him to help you,He is exceedingly kind,and will gladly help you.

                                       'This poor man called,and the Lord heard him;

                                        He saved Him out of all his troubles.'

                                                       Psalm 34 v 6.

                                        



No comments: