verse of the day

Sunday 8 January 2023

Bad places,bad people.( 1 Timothy 1 v 15 - 16 )

I read of Christians in Iran who have been sentenced to 10yrs in prison ,it is awful,yet it is,why ?well our Saviour made it clear it would happen,it goes with the territory (John 15 v 18 -25).We don't mention our fellow brothers and sisters suffering lightly, today its them ,tomorrow it may be us.One dear couple have been sentenced to serve time in a prison in one of Iran's worse prisons known for it severity on the inmates. I wander if God will use them to be witness'es in that dark evil place,it was CT .Studd   who used to say,''Some want to live within the sound, of church bells ; I want  to run a rescue shop within a yard of hell''.Gladys Aylward was a British born evangelical who was a missionary in China,during her time there she went into a prison where a riot was taking place,she stopped the riot,and God used her to bring a change in that prison. It could be that God may take us to the worst of places, and the worst of people,to be witnesses ,to be light in those dark places .

                                            Then I heard the Lord saying,''Whom shall I send?

                                             And who will go for us?' And I said,'Here am I.

                                              Send me!'

                                                                       Isaiah 6 v 8

                                              

No comments: