verse of the day

Saturday 21 January 2023

If only ( Luke 15 v 11- 24)

I wish I could sleep in the midst of a storm, like Jesus did (Matthew 8 v 23-27)but I think I would be just like the disciples,who thought they were going to drown. Fifty eight years following the our dear Lord ,yet one can get anxious about even small things. Yes I know the bible,the promises,the answers to prayer I have had many,God is faithful,in spite of our weakness,why?,yes why?.Well the words in Psalm 103 v 13 -14 tells us something very special,'As a father has compassion on his children,so the Lord has compassion on those who fear Him, for He knows how we are formed that we are dust'.I like the words in Deut 7 v7,spoken to Israel ,'The Lord did not set His affection upon you and choose you because you were more numerous than other peoples, for you were the fewest of all peoples. But it was because the Lord loved you'.The Lord knows all about us and wonder of wonders,He still loves us,and He always will.

                                                     'Charles Spurgeon wrote'

                   'Blessed be His holy name for this gentleness towards His frail creatures'

   

No comments: