verse of the day

Friday 14 January 2022

We are different ( 5 v 9 )

 I was talking to my 6yr old grandson,I was explaining to him that we are all different,I am not the same as his uncle,or his dad,I am  77 , I will not do what they do with him.I have not the energy that they have but I still love him.When God made us he made us all different,we are  not clones, even twins are different,like snowflakes everyone of us is different. Here is a very important thing, Christ church is made up of people who are different. and the important think is we are not  meant to make that difference a problem.Jesus said that those who are truly His ,must love and except one another.It seems to me that conformity is not the order of the day, though some people would like to change that,it can't be done.In the temple court yard of the temple in Jerusalem  there where partitions,there was a court for women, a court for the Gentiles, a court for Israel( for men)and a court for the Priests .With the coming in of the new covenant,all that changed, the temple became obsolete, a new temple came into place the people of God ,Ephesians 2 v 21- 22/  1Perter 2 v 4-5. All things pertaining to the temple likewise became obsolete, that  includes the different partitions. There is no more barriers that separate us,the moment we trust Christ ,we are no longer Gentiles,Jews,all those distinctions are gone forever.We are now the new Israel,if we belong to Christ we are Abraham's seed, Galatians 3 v 28- 29. as Gentiles we are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with God's people. Ephesians 2 v 19. Let us rejoice in our differences ,and our oneness in Christ,and to strive always for the unity of  His church.

No comments: