verse of the day

Monday 10 January 2022

Scary times. ( Psalm 91 )

 My wife recently visited London,we don't live to far from London,and she was very upset because there where a lot of people,who didn't appear,to be taking any precautions,to her it all appeared scary.Even apart the times we live in, things can be unnerving. Many people in the world live in places of danger ,there are  wars going on,yes there is conflict in many places.Europe is inundated by people seeking a place of refuge,who can blame them.The history of humanity is a violent history,the world is a violent place,violence against women is awful. Travelling by car can be pretty scary,so much traffic, we could go on pointing to the dangers in this world. As I look back on my 77yrs I can trace God's providential care on my life,that doesn't mean I haven't experience problems and difficulties,I have,but God has graciously preserved my life,we are told in Psalm 31 v 15 ,'our times are in His hands',whose better.He will continue to look after  His children,and we will not die before His time,that does not mean to say we act irresponsible.Don't let fear take over your life,it can so easily do that, have faith in your God,to care for you,watch over you, .Focus on His reassuring word ,not on the news,not on the scary things of life.

                                                  .

No comments: