verse of the day

Tuesday 4 January 2022

My forever friend. ( John 15 v15 )

I have purchased a lovely illustrated copy of one of my favourite books,'Wind in the willows', written by Kenneth Graham,a book about animals,Ratty, Mole,Badger,and Toad.I have read this book a number of times,and I am looking  forward to reading it again. One of the things I like about it is the friendship the animals have,they are very loyal and faithful.Toad of Toad Hall,the wealthy toad is always trying something new,until he gets tired of it,and it gets him into a lot of trouble.But his friends try to stop him from wasting his money on the next fad,but unfortunately not with much success. Friends  are important if you have one good friend that's good,Friendship is a two way thing,sometimes we forget that. Friendship needs to be maintained, I had a particular friend ,we communicated through the web, but suddenly it just stopped,no contact. that was that. My best friend is Jesus even though He is my Saviour ,my Lord,he is my friend, indeed the best friend I have ,He is loyal,faithful, and kind. Yet I know it is important that I maintain that friendship,by meeting with Him, and never take Him for granted,and seek not to offend Him in any way,and of course as I said He is my Lord,so I must obey Him at all times.He has promised to never leave me nor forsake me,He will not just cut me off.There is so much I could say about Him, and its all positive,yes He is my forever friend,and He can be yours to,if you ask Him to be your Saviour.


No comments: