verse of the day

Thursday 13 January 2022

Ignorance is bliss. ( Acts 1 v 8 )

Is ignorance bliss?, I am sure its true sometimes. but it cant be absolute,there are so many things we need to  know .If a tornado is coming ,its good to listen to the warnings,and try and get to a place of safety. I'm sure many have said when they have got into difficulties , why didn't someone warn me, unfortunately  there are those who don't want  to listen,so they pay the price of their folly. When I go to buy another car, I try to find out as much as I can  about the car I may be purchasing. Sometimes I try to talk to people about God,about after death,and they don't want to know, could be fear,or they are not just interested. One could say well let them die in their ignorance, but I realise the result of  that ignorance has dire consequences. To die without Christ leaves one facing a dreadful destiny as opposed, to knowing Christ,which leads to a wonderful destiny.The great missionary movement in the 18th century was a movement raised up by God, many thousand of people ,men and women felt the call of God to go into all the world and preach the gospel.Things have not changed,it will never change,people need to hear the gospel  of our Lord Jesus Christ, if they die in their ignorance they will go to a lost eternity,they will never be forgiven,or set free ,they really need to hear about Jesus,will you go and tell them ?. Lucy A. Bennett wrote the following words,'Teach me the value of a soul'.

                                            

                                        






















/

No comments: