verse of the day

Wednesday 26 January 2022

The gift of forgetfulness. (Isaiah 1 v 18 )

As I have grown older I am inclined  to be a bit more forgetful,there are things we never forget,and we will remember them until our dying day.When I was very young my father and mother separated ,and my mother ,sister ,two brothers  and I went to live with my grandmother .I have some memories of my father,and they are all good.Not so, with my sister and two brothers, they had bad memories, and they never forgot those bad memories,and the result was they never really forgive him. I supposed you would say that I was given the gift of  forgetfulness,I always thought kindly on him. It reminds me of what someone said to a person who had hurt them,''I will forgive them ,but I won't forget''.God the great forgiver of peoples sins declares  ,'And I will forgive their wickedness, and I will never again remember their  sins'.and its not,I will forgive you ,but I won't forget.He does not hold a grudge,unlike us .When we trust Jesus as Saviour the slate is completely  wiped clean,the Psalmist puts it this way,' as far as the east is from the west, so far does he remove our transgressions from us'', (Psalm 103 v 12)'When they're gone they are gone'.  

                                                    Gone,gone,gone,gone!

                                                    Yes my sins are gone, 

                                                    Now my heart is free,and 

                                                    in my heart a song,

                                                    Buried in the deepest sea, 

                                                    Yes that's good enough for me,

                                                    I shall live eternally,praise God

                                                   my sins are gone.

                                                                  


No comments: