verse of the day

Friday 28 January 2022

It is well with my ... ( Matthew 10 v 28 )

 I was watching Joni  Eareckson  Tada  being interviewed by Pastor Chuck Swindoll, it was very moving and as usual I  blubbered.If you do not know who Joni is, she is a Christian lady who through an accident,was paralysed ,she can move her head,and has a degree of movement with her arms, she cant blow her nose,or wipe her tears,she is depending upon  her husband and others for support.She is aged 70,she was 17 when the accident happened, in spite of that  she is a very gifted person,heads up a Christian ministry for disabled people.she sings ,paints,writes books.She spoke of suffering chronic pain,she was very honest in what she said,depending on others and what that meant.What came through was a woman of God who manifested a positive Christlikeness. During the interview she would sing a verse of a hymn,one in particular stood out it was written by Horatio G. Spafford who experienced the lost of his four daughters,when they drowned  at sea.

                                                 ' When peace like a river, attendeth my way,

                                                   When sorrows like sea billows roll;

                                                   Whatever my lot,Thou hast taught me to say,

                                                    It is well with my soul.

                                                    Though Satan should buffet   ,though trials should come,

                                                     Let this blest assurance control,

                                                     That Christ has regarded my helpless estate

                                                     And has shed His own blood for my soul.

                                                               It is well with my soul;

                                                               It is well,it is well with

                                                                       my soul.

                                                  

No comments: