verse of the day

Thursday 4 March 2021

Thirsty? ( Revelation 3 v 14 - 22 )

Water is very precious, we could not live without it, often when I am going to a drink a glass  of water ,I  offer up a prayer of thanksgiving ,for this precious gift from our creator God.  The  word of God speaks of water in different ways. In Isaiah 12 we have  a song of praise, God had been angry with his people , but now they find faith arising to look again to the God of  their salvation. In v 3 we these words 'With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation'. Israel throughout their history kept going away from God. CP  Jeremiah 2 v 13. ' For my people have done two evil things; They have abandoned me, the fountain of living water. And they have dug for themselves cracked cisterns that can hold no water'. They found out to their cost how foolish that was ,and the price they had to pay. But now they are invited to once again, to turn to the God of their salvation, and like thirsty travellers be refreshed. When we came to Christ, we were leaving behind,  those things that did not satisfy the needs of our heart, only  He, can do that. Yet like Israel of old we forget , and we find ourselves returning to our old ways .We need to be reminded , that when we do this we are like a dog returning to its vomit. 

                                                   Create in me a pure heart, O God,

                                                   and renew a steadfast spirit within me.

                                                   Restore to me the joy of  your salvation,

                                                   and grant me a willing  spirit to sustain me.

                                                                 Psalm 51 v 10 /12 .

No comments: