verse of the day

Saturday 20 March 2021

Let Him choose. ( Psalm 18 v 30 )

 Many years ago when my then wife and I felt the call to full time Christian service, feeling it was to some missionary work in some foreign country. We found ourselves  on a journey, initially we applied to a particular mission ,but it did not happen. We  then sought advice, and were advised to go to Bible college, which we did. When that finished we applied to another mission, it didn't happen. So a very challenging time in our lives began, knocking seeking, an occasional door would open. At times we were very disappointed but God kept leading us on, it goes  without saying we continually sought God's guidance, one verse meant a lot to me in those days, it was Psalm 47 v 4 ,it reads,' He shall choose our inheritance for us'. In God's providence He has been our faithful guide, his way has been perfect, and I praise him, a very godly man called Horatius Bonar wrote a hymn, I will leave you with a few verses from that hymn.

                                          Thy way ,not mine ,O Lord, However dark it be;

                                          Lead me by Thine own hand, choose Thou the path for me.

                                          I dare not choose my lot; I would not if I might;

                                          Choose  Thou for me, my God, so shall I walk aright.

                                          Not mine, not mine the choice, in things or great or small;

                                          Be Thou my guide, my strength, my wisdom and my all.

No comments: