verse of the day

Sunday 28 March 2021

The old, old story. ( Romans 1 v 16 )

 Since the virus started I have visited on  You Tube ,Stonebriar Community Church in Frisco ,Texas, the Pastor is Charles Swindoll, a wonderful minister of the word. It is different to many churches ,it has so many gifted people, a wonderful  choir, orchestra, it is very socially motivated, and supports 25 missionary families. One of the things I appreciate from the Pastor, he always has a little word for the poor old sinners. I often hear that said that the gospel is not  for preaching to Christians, well the more I go on in life and in these present climate Christian need to be reminded  continually of  gospel truths. Many ministers are not mentioning, those gospel truths because they don't appreciate,  the wrath of God, or sin, or whatever. There is a difference of teaching gospel truths to believers, and a evangelical message to unbelievers. Yet even so like are dear brother Charles Swindoll, in any message we can always drop in little word for the poor old sinner.

                                              I love to tell the story, of unseen things above.

                                             Of Jesus and His glory, of  Jesus and His love

                                              I love to tell the story, because I know its true;

                                               It satisfies my longing ,as nothing else would do.

                                               I love to tell the story, for those who know it best.

                                              Seem hungering and thirsting, to hear it like the rest;

                                              And when in scenes of glory, I sing the new, new song,

                                             'Twill  be the old, old story, that I have loved so long.  (Words A.C. Hankey)

No comments: