verse of the day

Friday 12 March 2021

He cares. (1 Peter 5 v7 )

 We don't travel much by boat now, except  a trip on a ferry, but I do remember many years ago crossing the Irish sea with my  four lads, and it was a bit rough ,and I felt a little bit queasy, but did not feel in any danger. It reminded me of what is    recorded in Mark 4 v 35 - 41, when the disciples were in a small  boat, Jesus  was also in the boat. He must have been very tired ,for we read that he fell asleep ,but then we read that a fierce storm arose, and it looked as if they were all going to drown. So what  did they do?, they  went and woke Jesus, and they said to him,'' Teacher , do you not care that we are perishing ?. It seems a hard unreasonable thing to say, we must not judge them, if we felt we were in danger of  drowning, we may just react the same. Could it be that you are in a storm, and you may be saying, were is Jesus  in all this? ,it appears to me he doesn't care. Of course he cares, he always cares. A Frank .E. Graeff  wrote the following words..

                                             Does Jesus care when my way is dark,

                                             With a nameless dread  and fear?

                                              As the daylight fades ,into deep night shades,

                                               Does he care enough to be near.

                                               O yes He cares, I know He cares,

                                               His heart is touched with my grief;

                                               When the days are weary, the long nights dreary,

                                                I know my Saviour cares.

No comments: