verse of the day

Thursday 18 March 2021

Heroes. ( Philippians 2 v 5 - 11 )

 There is used to be song about me in the song charts (well not really),it was called, 'Billy don't be a Hero'. of course it was not about me. I wonder if you have a hero?, or if you have been a hero?. There are all kinds of heroes in life, you have your sporting heroes, great explorers, civil right heroes, military  heroes ,and so the list goes on. Often they get medals awarded for acts of bravery, or achievements ,then there are the unsung heroes, who  are not mentioned in dispatches. What does it take to be a hero, the first word that comes to mind is courage, not just on the battle field, once in the troubles ,in  N. Ireland,  my and mother and sister  stood against a crowd of people who wanted to get their hands on a dear  Catholic, they managed to get him away, I suppose that made them heroes. I consider my wife a hero ,and I am serious about that .well as I said, many things make a person a hero .Now who is my greatest hero?, the answer is very simple, Jesus ,in fact I would say he was the greatest hero, who ever lived.  Why do I say that ? ,well consider who he was ,and what he became, who was he?, as Christians we believe in one God, but that God is a triune being, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, this is a great mystery. Each are co equal, we are told that Christ was in very nature God, and equal with God.  Philippians 2 v 6.We will continue to look at this next time. 

No comments: