verse of the day

Thursday 25 March 2021

He is coming again. ( Matthew 24 v 36 - 53 )

 On my daily walk I found myself singing, no it did not start to rain, the sun shone the whole time, well back to my singing. The question is what was  I  singing?, here is the words,' Some glorious daybreak Jesus will come, Some glorious daybreak  battles all won, He'll shout the victory, break through the blue, Some  glorious  daybreak for me, for you'. I wonder do you ever dwell much on the fact that Jesus is coming again. A person I know speaking about his minister, said, in the 11years he has been his minister he never heard him preach on the Lords coming . I cannot understand that ,for our Saviour spoke of it many times, on the night  he was betrayed he said,' I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am ,John 14 v 3..When Jesus was taken up into heaven, two men dressed in white, told them, ''Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus , who was taken up  from heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw him go into heaven''. Acts 1 v 11.  In the last book of the Bible we have our Lord saying twice ,''I am coming quickly''  Rev 22 v 7/12. The word quickly stresses the fact that every generation, must be on the alert  in the light of his coming. We are not to speculate as to when he is coming, but to live in the light of it, remember he may come today.

No comments: