verse of the day

Thursday 11 March 2021

How would I like to die? ( Acts 21 v 10 - 14 )

 As I was out walking I spoke to God about dying ,I said  Lord let it be painless, but then I thought, whatever  way I die let me glorify You. An Egyptian Christian  declared , ''Now is our Joy complete'', when the bodies of her two sons had with others suffered martyrdom, were  returned for burial.  In her loss she was able to express joy at her sons honourable death. Although Peter failed his lord by denying him, it was Peter who had said that he would lay down his life for Jesus, when our Lord rose again ,he met Peter and told how he  would die, John 21 v 18 - 19. In doing this , C. Swindoll says Christ was telling Peter , he would be granted a Christ worthy death, that he would  '' wear '' a cross to his own honourable death.'

                                              Mans chief end is to glorify God

                                              in life and in their death.

                                 

No comments: