verse of the day

Monday 29 March 2021

Suffering ( Job 1 - 2 )

 Again I need to remind whoever is reading this, and myself that God is sovereign, as we look at so many things in the world . and you may be experiencing ,real pain ,real hurts ,real looses. Can we say God is sovereign when everything is falling apart?, consider a man who lost all his children, lost all his possessions, and lost his health, how would we feel if that happened to us ?. The same man went unto say,'' Though he slay me, yet will I trust in Him''. Job 13 v 15.  In Job 23 v10,he declares ,'' He knows the way I take;'' The words he utters are coming from a man whose heart must have been breaking, Job did not know the way God was taking him, but he by faith  trusted in his sovereign God. David Atkinson writes ,' Faith does not provide answers, but it is a hand in the darkness keeping alive  that trust  that despite all appearances, God is still on his side '. The rest of 23 v 10 reads, 'when He has tested me, I shall come forth as pure gold, You have to admire Job, D A writes, as regards Jobs trust in his God and Saviour, CP  chap 19 v 25, 'How marvellous that Job could have said so much, knowing so little! What  a rebuke to some of us,  who  know so much more of God than Job ever did, that we trust him so little''.

                                                He leadeth me! O blessed  thought!

                                                O words with heavenly comfort  fraught!

                                                Whate'er I do,  where'er  I be,

                                                Still 'tis God's hand that leadeth me.

                                                 Sometimes 'mid scenes of deepest gloom,

                                                 By waters calm, o'oer troubled sea,

                                                Still' 'tis God's hand that leadeth me.

                                               Lord, I would  clasp Thy hand in mine

                                                Nor ever murmur nor  repine;

                                                Content,  whatever lot I see,

                                                Since 'tis my God that leadeth me.  ( Words J.H. Gilmore.)

No comments: