verse of the day

Saturday 6 March 2021

Stand firm ( Jude v 3 )

 Rudyard Kipling wrote ,in his famous poem, IF', 'If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs'. So many Christian are loosing the plot, even Christian leaders. In a number of Pauls letters, he challenges Christian ,'to stand  firm', Philippians 4 v1/ 1Cor 16 v 13/ Gal 5 v11/  1 Thess  3 v 8 /2  Thess  2 v 15.  A young child can easily be knocked over, but we are who men and women of faith, are called to stand firm. Truth is absolutely vital, make no mistake , it makes me sad as I have viewed on TV what some  preacher come out with. It is not only the cults that we have to contend with, in these days, they are the  enemies within. I asked my minister was he an evangelical?, he replied, 'it depends what you mean ',he knew what I meant. William Barclay was a very popular Christian writer, I have all his NT books, I received much help from them. I realised he was not clear in certain things, but when  I bought his autobiography ,I discovered he did not believe in the deity of Christ, was a universalist, did not believe in Christ being our substitute, he wrote of obliterating hell. The miracles would also be a problem with him, it is obvious that he did not  stand firm , as regards truth. If we don't believe the truth ,then we believe a lie, and if we don't stand firm for the truth, we are betraying the faith that has been handed down to us, from Him ,who is Way, the Truth ,and the Life. ( John 14 v 6 )

No comments: