verse of the day

Tuesday 1 December 2020

Loneliness . ( 2 Timothy 4 v 16 - 18)

 Seemingly one of the saddest things during this coronavirus is loneliness, this is not surprising,God himself said it was not good for man to be alone. In this overcrowded planet,it is sad that there are so many lonely people,I am reminded of words from the Beatles song Eleanar Rigby,'all the lonely people ,where do they all come from?. The ,Lonely Hearts Club is full,the fact is, we are social beings, in  the 1950's there was a popular song ,and it began ,'When you 've got friend and neighbours, all the world is a happier place  .Friends and neighbours ,puts a smile on the gloomist face'. But times have changed,in many ways ,we seldom if ever, enter our neighbours homes.Now we have the coronavirus,and people are more isolated, and lonely,not just the old,it is affecting people of all ages.Is there an answer,a way that people can be helped?, many people are buying a pet,the sale of dogs have increased greatly,I am sure this can help.I have felt loneliness in my life ,that has eased,with me,as I have grown older.my relationship with God   greatly helps, after all as a Christian ,we sing what a friend we have in Jesus,that's true,he is a wonderful friend. Unfortunately for the vast amount of people He is shut out of their lives,I wonder could it be, that one the things God is speaking to us about,is, His importance?.We seek everything ,and everyone and we don't seek Him, the Bible says ,'seek the Lord while he may be found,call upon him,while he is near',why don't you do that?.

No comments: