verse of the day

Wednesday 2 December 2020

Coming Home. ( Luke 15 v 11 - 24 )

 I was greatly encouraged when I heard Charles Swindoll say,'that he had never met parents ,who did everything right'. Why should it encourage me? ,because one my biggest regrets is ,I made more  than my fair share of mistakes,when bringing up my children for which I am truly sorry.The good thing is the boys have grown to be fine men, in spite of my mistakes. I of course have made many other mistakes in life,no end of them,but then who hasn't made mistakes, I am reminded of that popular song by Edith Piaf, which goes,'No,no regrets,No I will have no regrets'. I am not sure what she means by that,but most us have regrets,take buying a car,what can you do with regrets? try not to make them again. learn from them, but we must not let them rule us. What is the biggest mistake I ever made?,I would say it was when I went away from the Lord,there are no advantages in doing that. In those away years I took on habits, and accumulated mind sets that were not good,did things, I should not have done.Was I still saved ? only God knows,what I do know is , God in his mercy restored me to Himself,and that has made a profound difference to my life,for the better.There is an old hymn by W.T.Kirkpatrick,which reads,'I've wandered far away from God , now I'm coming home. The path of sin too long I've trod,Lord I'm coming home. Could that be you?, is it not time for you to come home?.




No comments: