verse of the day

Tuesday 29 December 2020

Change the meaning ( Psalm 32 v 1 - 2 )

I have just purchased a lovely book by Charlie Mackesy called ,' The boy, the mole, the fox, and the horse'.  Charlie is a cartoonist , I would commend to you this book, I don't know the author, nor am I on a commission, it would not take long to read it, if you buy it you will see why. I will give you a little flavour of the book,' Do you have a favourite saying asked the boy ?,'' Yes'' said the mole  ,'' What is it?'' '' If at first you don't succeed, have some cake,'' ''I see, does it work?'' ''Every time''. I hope that made you smile. Just one more, ''Often the  hardest person to forgive is yourself'' I think that's right , looking back on my life there are things I have said, and things I have done, and  I  find it hard to forgive myself. Yes I  have been forgiven all my sins, when I trusted Jesus, yes all of them, not one sin remains ( 1 John 1 v 7)  So why can't we forgive ourselves?  if we have been forgiven  all our sins, maybe, we need to drop the word forgive and replace with it the word ,''Regret''. The fact is we will always have regrets, we can't change that, but if we are a Christian, let us not live with unforgiveness, 






























0

No comments: