verse of the day

Sunday 20 December 2020

That makes all the difference. ( Isaiah 50 v 10 )

It was the poet Longfellow  who wrote,' Some  days must be dark and dreary', of course we may agree, but we may not like it. As regards the weather in this country it is dark and dreary, but I know the sun shall eventually break through the gloom. Dark  and dreary can also  apply to our situation, we read as regards Judas ,who went out  to betray Jesus, that 'it was night',( John 13 v 30 ) at that moment it was for Judas, the darkest and most dreary  night of his whole life, and it would not get any better. In spite of scripture  telling us clearly how many of God 's choicest servants had dark and dreary days, they write words like,' now I am happy all the day'. I feel we must tell it as it is ,we are not stoics our moods can change, in 2 Corinthians 1  v  8 ,the apostle tells us that he and other were facing such trouble that they felt crushed ,overwhelmed, and felt they were going to die. Ecclesiastes 3 tells us ,'that there is time to weep , and a time to laugh'. In that lovely hymn ,'I will sing the wondrous story', by  F.H. Rawley,  he writes, 'Days of darkness still may meet me, sorrow's path  I oft may tread', but he does not stop there, he goes unto write,' But His presence still is with me, by  His  guiding hand I'm led'. This is the secret of the Christian life, the presence of the living Lord , who is with us at all times, to bring us through lives changing scene, and let me assure you, that makes all the difference

No comments: