verse of the day

Monday 28 December 2020

No excuses ( John 13 v 34 - 35 )

 A number of years ago my  wife and I went for a holiday in Turkey, and we visited Ephesus , one of its inhabitants had been the Philosopher Heraclitus  who lived in 7BC. He is remembered for saying,'' No one can wash his feet twice in the same river.''  When we visited  Ephesus we visited the site were the virgin Mary had  supposedly lived ,and were John the Apostle spent his later years' It is of course uninhabited , all there is now is ruins. Very early it became in the Christian era a Christian church , it came into being under the ministry of the Apostle Paul. Paul moved on , his purpose was to establish churches. Later on when he was in prison  in Rome ,he wrote a letter to them , in chapter  1 v  15, he wrote a lovely  thing about this  church, that they had,' a love for all God's people,' I wonder can it be said of you and me that we a love of all God's people?, all the people in your fellowship, let us remember  what our Saviour said, ''A new command I give you; love one another , as I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another '' No excuses ,do it.

No comments: