verse of the day

Tuesday 7 July 2020

My times are in your hands. ( Psalm 31 )

Following on from the previous day,as to how we face difficulties,in verse 14 of Psalm 31  ,David declares, ''But I trust in you,Lord'', so often in my times of difficulties,I seem to hear God saying ,these  two words,'Trust Me'.it is so easy fall back on human reasoning,to let faith slip away, like the disciples when they were in a storm ( Mark 4 v 40 ).We often hear the term unconditional love,but what about unconditional trust,are we prepared to trust in God,come what may?,remember He can be trusted.The next thing he says,''You are my God'', yes not some worthless idol,or false God ( v 6 ) ,consider who He is, the maker of heaven and earth, remember that he so loved you that He gave the most precious thing He had ,Jesus,and that Jesus is with  you, and you  need fear no evil. ( Psalm 23 v 4 ) Next David declares v 15, ''My times are in your hands'',I want you to look at the palms of your hands,as a reminder of what God says about you His child,' I have engraved you on the palms of my hands''.These words are spoken to reassure you child of God that he has not forgotten you,that in good times,bad times,all the time He is watching over you, yes even to deliver you.David goes on to say,''Let your face shine on your servant'', Matthew Henry wrote the following,  'When the cloud of trouble hideth the Lords favour, faith knoweth it may shine again, therefore pray through the cloud for the dissolving of it' 'My times are in Thy hand; My God I wish them there; My life, my friends,my soul I leave,entirely to Thy care'.  ( Words by Henry F. Lyte )

No comments: