verse of the day

Saturday 25 July 2020

Brokenness. ( Luke 15 v 11 ff )

When I was young my mum and dad broke up,I don't know what I felt at that time,I was very young,They never got divorced,it was hard to get a divorce in those days,I know my mun and dad would not have been able to afford it.So they remained separate,and from that time on I had no contact with my father,I don't think it affected me or my brothers and sister much. But now of course, divorce is more common,it is sad ,there are many reasons,but whatever the reason it is sad,there is an old song which goes,'Breaking up is hard to do'.A  couple I know,are getting divorced, and I have  heard the shouting and swearing,mainly over who gets what.They have young children,and I am sure its going to affect them,of course I can't get involved,but I can pray, it did give me an opportunity to witness to the husband. It is all part of the brokenness of life,for we all live in a broken world,that brokenness manifests itself in a multitude of ways. Here is a song I used to sing,about those who are feeling broken,'Have you failed in life's battle,to accomplish your plans?,Is your heart heavy laden,do you fear the Lord's command?. Do you feel that no one loves you,and there's no use to try? Just bring your cares to Jesus, your soul He'll satisfy. You may feel that there's no hope, broken hearts just cannot mend. Storms of doubt blow all directions, but don't you be afraid; God can make all  corrections,He made a body out of clay. Pick up the broken pieces, and bring them to the Lord,Pick up the broken pieces,trust in His holy Word;He will put them back together, and make your life complete. Just place the broken pieces at the Saviours feet.'

No comments: