verse of the day

Wednesday 22 July 2020

Forget to Live. ( Acts 16 v 7 )

Miss Havisham is one of the characters in the book ,'Great expectations', written by the great Charles Dickens.Early in her life she was jilted at the altar. From that moment on she wore her wedding dress, kept her wedding cake,all the clocks were stopped in the mansion she lived,she was also very wealthy.She could not move on ,she remained trapped in her dream of what might have been,someone said,'It does not do to dwell on dreams,and forget to live'. I saw the title of a book recently ,'No looking back'. Miss Havisham, did nothing else but look back,her dream  became a nightmare,she refused to accept the reality.and so there she stayed,until she died in a tragic accident.We can all say if only,we had got that girl,that job,and whatever, we must move on ,stop our day dreaming. Our Saviour said,'Follow Me',that means stepping into what His will is for us,which is perfect and good,God's will is always best.I never got my dream of going to be a missionary,that was my dream,but it was not the life God had for me,and I am not disappointed,I have been writing this Blog for 13 years and I know that its reaching people all over the world.The dream you have may come true if it is God's will,but if it doesn't,well that's all I will say,what are you going to say?

No comments: