verse of the day

Wednesday 8 March 2017

Loneliness . [ 2 Timothy 4 v 16-18 ]

Is it wrong to admit our weakness, our feelings of loneliness?, we are all part of humanity, and we all have our weaknesses. Even though I have been a Christian for a long time ,I still feel at times lonely, the Beatles sang, about all the lonely people. I believe many, many people suffer from loneliness. of course that is one reason God gave Adam a wife [Genesis 2v18].One aspect of  bereavement is loneliness, and that is why some people marry soon after the death of that loved one. Dating agencies are popular as ever, because people are lonely, modern life has brought us many benefits, but it has destroyed a sense of community. Our prosperity has caused us to be more independent, less dependent on others.We all live in little boxes ,little boxes in a row, we do not ,nor even consider going to our next door neighbour to borrow something like the well known  cup of sugar. The church I attend is a very friendly church, but it is so sad when we hear of churches that are not welcoming. I remember attending a certain church, which was well attended, the people I felt were alright, but as I was leaving, the minister, seemed to look at me as if I was an intruder. So is there an answer as regards loneliness, yes there are partial answer, try and connect socially, attend a friendly church, be friendly,ask God to help you.
I believe that as long as we live on planet earth, there will always be a degree of loneliness, until that day when we enter the eternal glories.

                                          A  prayer.
Dear God help us in our lonely times to not give into despair, grant unto us
the grace to bear with life, and all that is thrown at us, and most of all, fill our heart and lives with your wonderful presence in Jesus name Amen.

No comments: