verse of the day

Thursday 26 September 2013

Welcome home. [Psalm 23v 6 ]


My wife brought me home a card which she had made,with the word welcome on it,it is a nice word,it conjuring up a place where everyone knows your name,and you feel accepted. There are places where we are not welcome,did Jesus welcome everyone?, how welcoming am I?.We have a new neighbour moving in,we have spoke to her,trying to be welcoming, will she be welcoming if she plays loud music,or acts in an unsociable way?.God I believe is welcoming, Jesus mixed with everyone, sought to make them welcome,but with that welcome,there was often a challenge,and then the roles became reversed and Jesus Himself was  not welcome. I know I may be welcomed by certain people,but if I speak to them about Jesus I will not be welcome,they will avoid me. The offence of the cross still applies,if I went to certain countries, where I may be welcomed as a tourist,but if I witnessed about Jesus, I could find myself in prison,or even dead. There are churches where If I was to criticise the minister or the in group I would not be liked,although let me stress I should do everything I can the promote the unity of the body of Christ. It is nice to feel welcome,but the reality is we may not always experience a welcome,the fault may not be ours. One of the things I am looking forward to ,is when I step on heavens shore ,to hear the words of my Saviour saying welcome home,my what a day that will be.
A  prayer..../ Dear loving heavenly Father we look forward to that day when You will welcome us home ,Amen.

No comments: