verse of the day

Tuesday 24 September 2013

Poisonous roots of bitterness.[ 1 Corinthians 13 ]

I am not a keen gardener,but I do a little bit,I do love our little garden,I was doing my little bit the other day,and one of the things that took up my time was digging up thorns. Now like all weeds I know that the most important thing if you want to rid your garden of them is to dig up the roots. In this case I found it extremely difficult to do this,I think I succeeded.This reminded me of what the writer of the Hebrews wrote chap12 v15,of the destructiveness of a root of bitterness coming into our lives,one translation puts it like this,/Watch out that no poisonous root of bitterness grows up to trouble you./ How many lives have been poisoned by roots of bitterness,how many churches have been ruined by roots of bitterness. Life being what is will bring many unfair things into our lives,we all suffer unfairness at times,the devil is quick to ponce on such things,and will use our perceived grievance, and cause us to become bitter. So in order to prevent a root of bitterness coming into our lives we must ,I stress ,we must forgive, If we allow things to develop it will only become worse,and will become all the harder to deal with.It will be like poison in our lives,and what does poison do it kills us,we will become self murderers,and we will also have an affect on others.
A  prayer...../ Dear God grant us grace to forgive,to rise above disappointments,and losses,help us to rid ourselves of all bitterness,keep us sweet, in Jesus name Amen /

No comments: