verse of the day

Wednesday 25 September 2013

Let us pray. [ Acts 12 v5 ]

I often speak at a fellowship ,a small fellowship,all who attend are elderly,the usual procedure when I arrive is for a brother to pray with me before I commence taking the service. But the last time I attended I asked would I like to join the prayer meeting,I was somewhat surprised,but delighted as I entered the prayer meeting of 5 elderly people praying,and it was as if hope suddenly came into my heart in relation to the future of that small fellowship. You  see I believe when people start to pray things will happen,do I mean that those 5 elderly people can make a difference? , surely not,my answer is yes,yes, yes.. One man prayed and stopped the rain ,he prayed again and the rain started[James 5 v17-18],just one man,let us give ourselves unto prayer, the hour is desperate the darkness is closing  in,blind reasoning is on the thone,men love darkness reather than light,and resent the light,and would extinguish it,one of our leading politicians, boasted about the things his party had accomplished,and one of those things was same sex marriages.Such is the blindness and the darkness of the hour,Islam is  becoming more and more militant,many of Gods people are enduring more and more difficulties,oh dear Christian let us pray.
A  prayer......Dear God as the darkness appears to increase,help us pray in Jesus name Amen /

No comments: