verse of the day

Monday 16 January 2012

Stealing. [Exodus 20 v15 ]

I was driving behind a van that delivered doughnuts, and I noticed a sign on it, that read / there are no doughnuts kept in this van overnight/. I am not sure why they had this sign , would people actually break into the van for doughnuts?, you can see the headlines, great doughnut robbery.I must confess I saw the funny side of this, and yet I know stealing is wrong, the commandments tell us ,that we are not to steal[Exodus 20 v15 ].I remember stealing when I was a youngster, raiding someones orchard,stealing cigarettes from a vending machine. It may seem obvious, but stealing is a sin ,and is no laughing matter, be it a doughnut,an apple, cigarettes,the commandment makes no distinction,and we are told in Ephesians 4 v28,/Let him that stole steal no more/.
A prayer...... / Dear God help us be honest in all things in Jesus name Amen/.

No comments: