verse of the day

Tuesday 24 January 2012

God is faithful. [ Romans 7 v 24-25 ]

Brennan Manning wrote the following,/ The communist who accepts Karl Marx but not his doctrine is scarcly different from the Christian who accepts Christ but refuses to shape his life according to Christs teaching. / Consider for a moment as I will ,what do we struggle with? as I look back on my life even as a youngster I had a temper,that got me into scraps and fights, this followed me into my Christian life, and to my shame into my marriage. So often I grieved the Spirit by uncontrolled rage,and hurt those nearest to me. I also had thought patterns in the sexual area that was not healthy,also at times I would act rashly. I am being honest ,Have I conqured these yes but it is ongoing, I still fail in these areas , I am a work in progress, as we all are. It is not enough to say we cant help it, ,remember what Peter wrote ,/By His divine power,God has given us everything we need for living a godly life/.Whatever our weakness God can help us,if we are honest,and are prepared to surrender to His will in all things, and a humble dependance on God.This is a spiritual battle and we will only know victory on our knees, I leave a precious promise with you , /The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful, He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted,He will show you way out so that you can endure.[ 1 Corinthians 10 v13 ]
A prayer..../ Dear God help us to change, help us overcome those things that blight our lives in Jesus name Amen /

No comments: