verse of the day

Saturday 21 January 2012

Healed /forgiven [Isaiah 53]

I sometimes tell jokes , this morning while I was cooking my breakfast I thought of one,so here it is / A man goes into a shop picks up a carton of 6 eggs and then proceeds to walk out of the shop, he is stopped by the owner, who asks him to pay,he looks at the owner , and then points to the writing on the carton , free range eggs. Now I told this to my wife and all I got in response was a blank look, I wonder why?, I better keep my day job. Some say our Saviour used humour to illustrate his teaching , I not sure of this, I am sure He must have laughed and smiled, for that is part of being human, for Christ was trully human. What kind of human?, well a sinless human,now that is hard for us to take in, but He was,and had to be, for on the cross He died for sin. The question whose sin?it is in Isaiah 53 v5 we recieve the answer,/But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities, the chastisement of our peace was upon Him, and with His stripes we are healed./Now these words not only tell us whose sin Christ dealt with ,ours, yours and mine, but it also tells, that the results of this was, we are healed. We often use the term ,sin sick soul , yes the greatest sickness humanity suffers from is their sinful condition, and the only cure is to have our sins forgiven, by Christ.
When I survey the wondrous Cross.
On which the prince of glory died.
My richest gain I count but loss,
And pour contempt on all my pride
A prayer .../ Dear Lord Jesus we praise You for Your death on Calvary , Amen/.

No comments: