verse of the day

Friday 27 January 2012

Lonliness. [ 2 Timothy 4 v 16 - 17 ]

It is said that one can be lonely in a crowd, mybe you feel lonely today,mybe you are single, mybe you are not near any other Christians,or you have lost your wife or husband. I have never lived alone ,and yet I have felt lonliness, the Bible says it is not good that we should be alone [Genesis 2 v18 ]. I am sure lonliness is more common than we realise,what can we do to help others? ,well we could visit them, befriend them,and indeed pray for them,and mybe in our trying to help others, we will be helped. When people come into our church situations make them welcome, not just initially, when someone is bereaved ,they need long term support, let us show people we care, and that we are there for them, long term. I know that it is not a nice feeling lonliness,but I believe we can experience a deeper relationship with our Lord in those times of lonliness.I want to leave these words with you and pray that the reality of them may encourage you in your lonliness./ For He [Jesus ]hath said,I will never leave you , nor forsake you. [Hebrews 13 v5 ]Andrae Crouch wrote a lovely hymn called /Through it all/, here are a few lines of it./ Ive been to lots of places, and Ive seen a lot faces, There ,ve been times I felt so all alone. But in my lonely hours,yes, those precious lonely hours, Jesus let me know what faith in God could do. Through it all ,Ive learned to trust in Jesus, Ive learned to trust in God, Through it all, Ive learned to depend on His Word/
A prayer.../Dear God help us in our lonely moments, for we do have them, in Jesus name Amen/

No comments: