verse of the day

Saturday 20 February 2010

Marriage [ Ephesians 5 v21-33]

This a special day for my wife and I, it is our anniversary,we have been married 28yrs, 28yrs of living happly ever after. Well I would not describe it like that,we love each other dearly,but at times it has been a stormy affair, one of the important things I have had to learn is patience, I am still learning. When one is married ,there are many lessons to be learnt, and the most important is to love, and love, and love, not just the romantic love, but that special Christ love. As a Christian I have to love my wife as Christ loves His church [Ephesians5v25],and also to love her as I love myself [5v33]. My study Bible says,/ Marriage for Paul, is a holy union, a living symbol, a precious relationship that needs tender , self-sacrificing care/.[ Dear God we thank you for our husbands and our wives, grant us the grace ,to love each other as You love us, in Jesus name Amen.]

No comments: