verse of the day

Thursday 18 February 2010

The call of God.[ Acts 8 v26-40]

In the Bible we read of God calling all sorts of people , a fisherman, a shepherd, a taxcollector, not only different people, but at different ages. Samuel was only a boy, David a young lad,Moses an old man, some like Moses and Jeremiah struggled with the call, but God was patient with them, and enabled them to rise to the task. The call of God for them was not optional, we see this in the life of Jonah, I suppose we may ask, do we have the option of saying no to the call of God?. I am not sure, but I do know ,I would have missed so much of Gods blessing in my life if I had stayed were I was. Hopefully I am still following that call on my life, and listening as to the next step I should take, and I am 65yrs of age.Elsie Yale wrote,/ Theres a work for Jesus , ready at your hand, Tis a task the Master,just for you has planned. Haste to do His bidding,yield Him service true. Theres a work for Jesus None but you can do./[Dear Lord help us to be odedient to Your call, to trust and obey, Amen ]

1 comment:

Evan Heasley said...

Hello
Evan here, you never know one day when I am Prime minister I will say it was the call of God on my life.