verse of the day

Sunday 14 February 2010

Love is. [ 1 Corinthians 13 ]

On this valentines day we turn our thoughts to the subject of love ,not romantic love, but Christian love.We become upset when certain Christians , we call them liberals do not accept certain doctrines, or people dont use the translation that Paul used, but we fail to rise to the challenge of Christian love.Now of course Christian doctrine is important , we need to hold fast to truth, but if I have not Christian love, if I am unforgiving, if I am not patient, if I am proud,rude, boastful, demanding my own way, irritable, keep a record of wrongs done to me, can I say I am loving?. And if I am not loving then ,no matter about my soundness in doctrine, my Christianity does not amount to much. Our Saviour was faced with people who held a mixture of truth and tradition, they majored in those things, but they failed in love[Matthew 23][ God of truth and love we ask that You would help us to be people of truth and love, in Jesus name Amen ]

No comments: