verse of the day

Tuesday 17 November 2009

When we sin [ Ephesians 4v30 ]

I like to think that I would not hurt anybody, but sometimes I do, and of course people can hurt me, sometimes I think the world is full of hurting people. Country and western songs often reflect hurting people,likewise the song ,/The streets of London,/ or the Beatles singing,about all the lonely people. If we read the daily newspaper, or listen to the news, or observe people, hurting is the name of the game although it is no game, its real and for so many very painful. I was reading the book of Ezekiel and I read something that caused me to pause and think, it is God speaking about how He feels , yes God has feelings, and in chapter 6 v9, God is speaking about His people, He declares,/How hurt I am by their unfaithful hearts and lustful eyes/. Let us remember these words today, when we are tempted to sin, in word, thought, or deed, if we yield ,we will be hurting God, and I am sure thats the last thing in the world we would want to do.[ Dear God forgive us for all the times we hurt You, in Jesus name. Amen ]

No comments: