verse of the day

Monday 23 November 2009

He will come. [2Peter 3 ]

In coming to the end of his epistle James emphasizes two things,patience and prayer[5v7-18]. He stresses patience in relation to two things, the coming of the Lord,and suffering. As we think of the Lords coming again, from our point of view it seems like He is never coming back, that He is a long time coming, and we feel like crying out how much longer must we wait.H L Turner wrote,/O Lord Jesus , how long? How long ere we shout the glad song? Christ returneth/. Do you ever feel like that?, well sometimes I do, I am like a little child who wants it to happen now. In the end I must listen to what James said, I must be patient, I know He will come and what a joy that will be, when I will look upon His face for the very first time, and will enter into His presence for eternity.[ Dear Saviour sometimes we grow impatient for your return, grant us patience until that day comes. Amen]

No comments: