verse of the day

Sunday 15 November 2009

Thorns [ Isaiah 53 ]

While on holiday on Ibiza I stayed on a farm, there was a lemon tree, so I thought I would pluck a lemon of it, it was then I discovered to my cost that lemon trees have thorns. I wonder why a lemon tree has thorns,and why do roses have thorns?, I may never know. The thorns reminded me that when He who is king of kings ,was on earth, He was crowned with a crown of thorns.We placed Him on a cross not a throne we heaped ridicule on Him not praise, we despised Him, we did not see any beauty in Him. The question is this,way did He allow this to happen?, for He was innocent, He never hurt anyone,why oh why did He suffer?. An old Gospel song asks the same question,/ Why did they hang on Calvarys tree, why tell me why was He there. Jesus the helper healer and friend. Why, tell me why was He there?/. It is in the book of Isaiah we are given the answer,/It was our weaknesses He carried. It was our sorrows , that weighed Him down....He was pierced for our rebellion, crushed for our sins. He was whipped so we could be healed./[ Isaiah 53 v4-5] [ Dear Lord Jesus thank You for suffering for me , for dying on a cross in order that I may be saved. Amen ]

No comments: