verse of the day

Saturday 2 May 2009

Overwhelmed [Psalm 121 ]

I wonder do you ever feel overwhelmed, I must confess I do at times, I imagine that there are people who look at me and feel that I am on top of everything, after all I have accomplished a lot of things. I have brought up five children , no mean feat, I have a very responsible job, I am a preacher, and so I could go on, yet there are times one feels overwhelmed, with feelings of unworthiness, and ineffectiveness. This is not an unique experence, for many people in the Bible , have felt this way, the apostle Paul, [Romans 7 ], the prophets Elijah, [1 Kings 19], and Isaiah,[ Isa 6 ]. The Psalmist David prayed ,/ I cry to You for help when my heart is overwhelmed. Lead me to the towering rock of safety for you are my safe refuge, a fortress where my enemies cannot reach me [Psalm 61 v 2-3 ]/. Today if you are feeling overwhelmed , or when you do feel overwhelmed, walk in the footsteps of David and look up , to the one who hears and understands, and who whispers to your heart, I understand, I care, I love you. [ Dear Saviour we come toYou, in all our need, and ask that You would, sustain us by Your grace,strengthen us in our weakness,comfort us in our times of sorrow,and uphold us in the ongoing course of life Amen ]

No comments: