verse of the day

Tuesday 19 May 2009

Intimidated [ 2 Timothy 2 v 1 ]

I have a deep sense of the call of God upon my life, in relation to preaching, as the title of my blog declares, I am Bill the preacher, yet sometimes I feel intimidated. And it is then I have to take courage and rest on the belief that I am called by God, of course I am in good company,Moses, and Jeremiah, felt their weakness [ Ex 4 v 10 / Jer 1v6],when they where called to speak. We can feel intimidated for many reasons, but we must not yield to this, it is not God who intimidates, it is the enemy of our souls, it can also be our feelings of inferiority. Whatever we have to face today, let us not give way to, feelings of fear,feelings of inadequacy, or feelings of low self worth. Hear Gods voice saying to you,/Dont be afraid, for I am with you. Dont be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand [Isaiah 41 v 10 ]./[ Dear Saviour we acknowledge our weakness before You,but we take comfort in Your word, which reminds us that we can do all things through You. Amen ]

No comments: