verse of the day

Tuesday 5 May 2009

Make it count [ 1Corinthians 3 v 11 - 15 ]

According to 1 Corinthians 3 all we have done for Christ will be weighed , and judged, it will be tested by God, now it is important to stress ,that this is nothing to do with being saved by works. The fact of the matter is we cannot be saved by anything we do, we are saved totally by what Christ has done, He saves. 1 C0r 3, is stressing rewards for what we do as Christians,I wonder what those rewards will be? in a sense I dont think of rewards, but rather of trying to please my Saviour,there is a compulsion inside me that wants more than ever to hear my Saviours well done. As I start this day my prayer is that whatever I do, that it will count for Gods glory, if love is my aim it will count, if I am led by the Spirit it will count,if I am motivated by Heavens values, it will count, if I do all things to the Glory of God, it will count. [ Dear Lord , grant that this day, that all I do may count , and be of worth to You Amen ]

No comments: