verse of the day

Saturday 9 May 2009

Calm [ Isaiah 26 v 3 ]

In Psalm 112 v 6 -7, we read, Those who are righteous, will long be remembered. They do not fear bad news, they confidently trust the Lord to care for them. The righteous are those who have put their trust in Jesus, it is His Righteousness that counts. They do not fear bad news, they confidently trust the Lord to care for them. Bad news will come, make no mistake about it, but because God is our loving heavenly Father, He will care for us, let us have confidence in our God, that whatever happens, whatever bad news we may hear, all will be well, all will be well inspite of the economy, inspite of the threat of unemployment. Horatius Bonar wrote,/Calm me, my God, and keep me calm...... Calm in the hour of buoyant health, Calm in my hour of pain, Calm in my poverty or wealth, calm in my loss or gain. [ Dear God help us by Your Grace to trust in Your care, inspite of difficulties, inspite of bad news, grant that we may know in our hearts calmness, we ask this in Jesus name Amen ]

No comments: