verse of the day

Wednesday 18 June 2008

Rest [Luke 15 v11-32 ]

One of the most beautiful verses in the Bible I feel is Matthew 11v28, it reads, Come to Me, all who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest, words spoken by Jesus. Everyday I see people carrying burdens, mybe you are, well consider those words of Jesus, but do more than that, respond to them, honestly , humbly, as a young man I did, and I found them to be true. A man called Horatius Bonar wrote a hymn based on what Jesus said, it goes like this, I heard the voice of Jesus say , Come unto Me and rest, lay down , thou weary one, lay down thy head upon my breast, I came to Jesus as I was , weary, and worn and sad, I found in Him a resting place and He has made me glad, untold millions have experienced this to be true. [ Dear Lord Jesus in this troubled world were so many are weary and burdened, we thank you that there is a rest to be found in You, Amen ]

No comments: