verse of the day

Wednesday 4 June 2008

The hidden life [Matthew 6 v1-8 ]

When I was a young believer, I was in the Territorial Army, we went away to camp, we all slept in barrack rooms, I wondered what I would do about praying, should I get down on my knees and pray. I was not sure what to do, and then I read in Matthew 6 v6, But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut the door, pray to thy Father which is secret, and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.[ I read from the A.V. in those days] So I did just that, I found a secret place and prayed. There is a time to take an open stand , to tell people about Christ, but in our daily walk with Christ ,be it our praying, giving,or whatever we do,it should be for the glory of God. [Father help us not to be show offs in our Christian lives, to seek only to glorify our Saviour in all we do, Amen. ]

No comments: