verse of the day

Sunday 28 April 2024

The unexpected. ( Mark 11 v22 )

Life often presents us  with the unexpected, this week I had a scam email in fact they sent me three emails,I didn't reply to them,but the last threw me a bit when they said they had taken money out of our account,but they hadn't. As regards emails,if in doubt do nothing,thankfully we didn't. The next  unexpected thing that happened,my wife was driving in a car park,and a young girl ran into the side of my wife's car,damaging the wing mirror,but fortunately that girl was not seriously injured.The word of God tells us that in everything give thanks, (1 Thessalonians 5 v 18)another translation puts it like this,'Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.We also are told that all things work together for good to those who love God ( Romans 8 v28) Our lives are in God's hand,so there is a purpose in all that happens to us,sometimes we know, sometimes we  don't,as a child of God I am assured that he is watching over me and indeed over you,we are never out of  His sight or care.Our part is to trust Him and obey Him,whatever we may be going through.I am amazed and humbled by what Joseph said to his wicked brothers,'You intended it to harm me, but God intended it for good,' (Genesis 50 v 20)Frederick William. Faber wrote.

                                                           'I'll that He blesses is our good

                                                           And unblest  good is ill;

                                                           And all is right that seems most wrong

                                                           If it be His sweet will'

No comments: